top of page

Jeffrey Curley; The Tragic Fate of the Boy Next Door

Updated: Sep 20, 2021

The Tragic Fate of the Boy Next Door


Okay guys, before you begin to ready about today’s case I wanted to give you a heads up and trigger warning as this is a very graphic case that involves the death of a child. I know for some these cases are very hard to hear and may want to be skipped. So if that includes you please feel free to go and check out some of our other cases and be sure to stay tuned for the next one!

Now I will tell you about the gruesome case of Jeffrey Curley.

Jeffrey Curley was a 10-year-old blue-eyed boy who lived in East Cambridge MA. Which for those of you who are not Bostonians like us, it's about an 11-minute drive to downtown Boston. Jeffrey was the youngest of 3 boys. He loved playing sports in his neighborhood and riding his bicycle. Jeffrey was best described as funny, fearless, and street smart. Jeffrey’s dream was to grow up to be a firefighter just like his dad. His parents were divorced and he and his siblings lived with their mother in a small condo.

Jeffrey was friends with everyone of all ages, especially growing up with two older brothers. So it wasn’t unusual when he was befriended by Salvatore Sicari, 21, of Cambridge MA. Sicari lived in the neighborhood and later introduced Jeffrey to Charles Jaynes, 22, of Manchester NH. Sicari and Jaynes were both pedophiles. Sicari has a criminal history ranging from selling cocaine in a school zone to assaulting a young mother. Jaynes also had an extensive criminal history. Jaynes was wanted on 75 outstanding warrants in 18 different Massachusetts courts. Jaynes was also a part of the NAMBLA which stands for North American Man-Boy Love Association….

Unfortunately, this all-American boy was blissfully ignorant of the fact that he was being groomed by Sicari and Jaynes. The two men would bring Jeffrey to Mcdonalds and the Museum of Science.

October 1st, 1997 was just another typical Wednesday for Jeffrey. He left his house and went over to his grandmother’s house to wash her dog. His grandmother didn’t live far and he had made this trip alone before. When Jeffrey arrived at his grandmother’s and checked in with her he was told her he had to go do something and would be back in ten minutes. Little did she know that she would be the last person to see Jeffery alive.

Jeffrey was reported missing later that evening when he never returned back to his grandmother’s or back home.

To hear the rest of this case head on over to Spotify or Apple Podcast! And be sure to follow us on Instagram @killandtellpodcast to stay up to date! If you or someone you know has a story that you want to be heard email us at .. We want to hear all your spooky encounters, after all it is almost October!!



bottom of page